University of Illinois-Urbana ChampaignEmail
- PhD Chemistry, California Institute of Technology, 1979
- BS, Chemistry, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1974
- Research Professor and lecturer, Department of Chemistry, George Washington University, May 1998-August 2000
- Associate Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, August 2000-June 2007
- Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, June 2007-August 2014
- Professor, Aerospace Engineering Department, The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, August 2014-present
Other Professional Employment
- Research Staff Member, Task Leader, Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA), Science & Technology and Systems Evaluation Divisions, 1979-May, 1998
- Combustion and Propulsion
- Computational Fluid Mechanics
- Space Systems
Chapters in Books
- Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautic, Hypersonic Nonequilibrium Flows: Fundamentals and Recent Advances, Edited by Dr. Eswar Josyula, eISBN: 978-1-62410-329-2, DOI: 10.2514/4.103292, "Radiation from Hypersonic Bodies—A Window on Non-Equilibrium Processes," D. A. Levin
Selected Articles in Journals
- A. Marayikkottu and D. Levin, "Influence of particle non-dilute effects on its dispersion in particle-laden blast wave systems,'' Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 130, 034701 (2021); https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0047516, Published Online: 15 July 2021
- A. Marayikkottu, S. Sawant, D. Levin, C. Huang, M. Schoenitz, and E. Dreizin, "Numerical study of particle lifting mechanisms in an electrostatic discharge plasma,'' International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 137, (2021) 103564.
- S. Sawant, V. Theofilis, and D. Levin, “Kinetic modeling of three-dimensional shock/laminar separation bubble instabilities in hypersonic flows over a double wedge,? Paper submitted to J. of Fluid Mechanics, Jan. 2021.
- S. Sawant, D. Levin, and V. Theofilis, ”Analytical Prediction of Low-Frequency Fluctuations Inside a One-Dimensional Shock," Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00162-021-00589-5., Published online, 12 Sept. 2021.
- Sawant, Saurabh; Levin, Deborah; Theofilis, Vassilis, ”A Kinetic Approach to Studying Low-frequency Molecular Fluctuations in a One-Dimensional Shock,” Submitted to Journal of Fluids Mechanics,” 18- Nov-2020.
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- Revathi Jambunathan and Deborah Levin, “Fully kinetic simulations of ion thruster plumes using PIC-DSMC,” Paper No., IEPC-2019-A-529, 36th International Electric Propulsion Conference, September 15-20, 2019, University of Vienna, Austria.
- Nakul Nuwal and Deborah Levin, “Plasma characteristics in the backflow region of ion thruster plumes using kinetic and Boltzmann models,” Paper No., IEPC-2019-A-367, 36th International Electric Propulsion Conference, September 15-20, 2019, University of Vienna, Austria.
- Neil Mehta and Deborah Levin, “Colloid thruster droplet evolution analysis using molecular dynamics,” Paper No., IEPC-2019-A-530, 36th International Electric Propulsion Conference, September 15-20, 2019, University of Vienna, Austria.